About Your Children’s Aid Society
Since 1896, the Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand and Norfolk (CAS) has been providing protection, prevention and counselling services to children and families. The Society is funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who represent the communities we serve.
The CAS is mandated by the Child and Family Services Act, R.S.O. 1990 to:
- Investigate allegations or evidence that children who are under the age of 16 years or are in the Society’s care or under it’s supervision may be in need of protection
- Protect, where necessary children who are under the age of 16 years or in the Society’s care or under it’s supervision
- Provide guidance, counselling and other services to families for protection of children or for the prevention of circumstances requiring the protection of children
- Supervise children assigned to its supervision under the Act
- Place children for adoption
These functions are undertaken within the paramount purpose of the Act which is to promote the best interests, protection and well-being of children.
Become a Member of the Society
Membership with The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand and Norfolk is one way to show your support for child advocacy in our communities. Membership increases public awareness of our programs and services. Your ideas and opinions are valued. Becoming a member entitles you to vote at the Annual General Meeting. You will receive a membership card and an invitation to the Annual General Meeting which takes place in June of each year.