A community that nurtures the lives and dreams of children.
The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand and Norfolk values and supports children, youth and families so they thrive in safe and nurturing environments enabling them to reach their full potential.
In fulfilling our Mission we believe…
- Our paramount responsibility is to the children we serve
- Children and adults have inherent dignity and worth
- In the strength and value of the family and that the caregiver(s) within that family are responsible for providing for the growth and development of their own children
- Services shall support the autonomy and integrity of the family unit, and shall be provided on the basis of mutual consent whenever possible
- In working with community partners to inspire our organization to pursue excellence
- In diligently integrating Anti-Oppressive Practices into our work with families, with children, with community members and with each other
Healthy Families, Strong Communities
We all share the responsibility to protect children from harm. We believe that children should remain with their families in their own homes whenever possible. The vast majority of our work with families is while the children remain at home with their parents. We believe in permanence or life-long connections for all children and youth. This planning begins with our very first contact with a family.
The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand and Norfolk (CAS-HN) works alongside many other local service providers and community groups, to assist families and neighbourhoods with the vision of building healthy families and strong communities.
The CAS-HN is committed to providing programs and services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities and is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities have an equal opportunity to access programs and services.
The CAS-HN attempts within social work to acknowledge oppression in societies, economies, cultures and groups, and to remove or negate the influence of that oppression. We strive to communicate openly and clearly with the people we serve, building a relationship with them where they can become involved in making choices and decisions about their involvement with social services.