Complaint Resolution Procedure
- Please speak with your child protection worker first and try to resolve things.
- If you are still concerned, you may speak with, or request a meeting with, a supervisor.
- You can also make a written complaint to the Society and receive a response within 7 days about whether your complaint is eligible for review.
- If your complaint is not resolved, you may request an Internal Complaints Review Panel form from your worker. Forms are also available at the office or you can print from our public website. (Formal Complaint Form)
- Under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA), your complaint is not eligible for review if; you are not a person who has sought or received services from the Society; the issue is before the Court or has already been decided by the Court; the matter is subject to another decision-making process under the CYFSA or The Labour Relations Act.
- If your complaint is eligible for review, a meeting with the Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel will be scheduled within 14 days at a time that is mutually convenient and you will be notified in writing. The Panel members will not be directly involved in your case.
- Within 14 days following this meeting you will receive a letter summarizing the meeting and next steps.
You may also bring complaints directly to:
- The Ontario Ombudsman at 1-800-263-2841 or visit: https://www.ombudsman.on.ca
- The Child and Family Services Review Board, which is a neutral and independent third party at 1-888-777-3616 or visit: http://www.cfsrb.ca/
There are also brochures in our lobby describing these processes.
Ontario – Rights Resource
Formal Complaint to a Society’s Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP)