Volunteers provide a vital link between us and the communities we serve, which is fundamental when working to protect children and youth. Our volunteers play an important role by sharing their time and talents to enrich the lives of our children, youth and families.
You can contribute to a wide range of services, which include:
- Driving children to appointments, supervised visits with their families and other scheduled meetings;
- Assisting with and attending special events hosted by the agency;
- Assisting with administrative tasks;
- Acting as a special friend, mentor and/or tutor for a child or youth.
As a volunteer, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have truly improved the life of a child or youth. You will also receive:
- Reimbursement for mileage incurred and out-of-pocket expenses;
- Orientation and training regarding the programs and services offered by the Society;
- Ongoing support in your volunteer role;
- Flexible hours and time commitment;
- The opportunity to make new friends.
For more information, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at (519) 587-5437 or 1-888-CAS-KIDS, ext. 298.