At the Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand & Norfolk the health and safety of our children, youth, staff, caregivers and volunteers remain our top priority and we are proactively working to protect those we serve. As a community-minded organization, we are committed to doing our part to minimize the spread of infection and ensure we are in the best position possible to respond to community needs now and into the future.
The Society has a pandemic plan and a business continuity plan in place and is actively monitoring the situation and responding accordingly.
Effective March 16, 2020 the following practices and guidelines have been put in place for all CASHN operations:
- Implemented increased cleaning and disinfecting as recommended by the local health authority
- Posted signage for handwashing and respiratory protocols and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building
- Youth programming, caregiver training and support groups will be on hold until further notice
- Return to work protocols are in place addressing staff travel and staff illness
- The building remains open however, visitors are asked to call ahead to confirm visit arrangements and to not attend the Society office if ill
- Screening protocols will be used by staff providing direct service and to screen visitors attending the Society’s office
- If you are ill or in self-isolation and you have a scheduled appointment, please contact your worker in advance
- We will be instituting control measures within the access program including screening all families, caregivers and other participants in advance of the access occurring.
CASHN will continue to monitor the situation and update our planning in response to the rapidly changing situation.
For information on COVID-19 we encourage you to stay informed by contacting the Haldimand Norfolk Heath Unit Website at www.hnhu.org