At The Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand and Norfolk we are doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while still responding to concerns about families, children and youth. For this reason, staff are working from home, and checking email and voicemail throughout the day.
If you have concerns about a child, please call 519-587-5437 or 1-888-227-5437 and a child protection worker will take your call.
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation we want you to know:
WE CONTINUE TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO OUR COMMUNITY HOWEVER OUR TOWNSEND BUILDING IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.
Effective March 17, 2020 we have suspended our supervised family access and volunteer drive programs.
If you have a question about our service or have a concern about a child we can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-888-227-5437.
At the Children’s Aid Society of Haldimand & Norfolk the health and safety of our children, youth, staff, caregivers and volunteers remain our top priority and we are proactively working to protect those we serve. As a community-minded organization, we are committed to doing our part to minimize the spread of infection and ensure we are in the best position possible to respond to community needs now and into the future.
The Society has a pandemic plan and a business continuity plan in place and is actively monitoring the situation and responding accordingly.
Effective March 16, 2020 the following practices and guidelines have been put in place for all CASHN operations:
- Implemented increased cleaning and disinfecting as recommended by the local health authority
- Posted signage for handwashing and respiratory protocols and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building
- Youth programming, caregiver training and support groups will be on hold until further notice
- Return to work protocols are in place addressing staff travel and staff illness
- The building remains open however, visitors are asked to call ahead to confirm visit arrangements and to not attend the Society office if ill
- Screening protocols will be used by staff providing direct service and to screen visitors attending the Society’s office
- If you are ill or in self-isolation and you have a scheduled appointment, please contact your worker in advance
- We will be instituting control measures within the access program including screening all families, caregivers and other participants in advance of the access occurring.
CASHN will continue to monitor the situation and update our planning in response to the rapidly changing situation.
For information on COVID-19 we encourage you to stay informed by contacting the Haldimand Norfolk Heath Unit Website at www.hnhu.org
Aitken Chevrolet Buick GMC – Christmas Wishes
98.9 MY FM
Norfolk OPP staff and families
Norview Lodge, Administration and Management Staff
Norfolk County Quilters Guild
Randy Broker, Dawn Booker Broker and Lauren Poitras
Melissa, Jeff, Olivia and Christopher
Simcoe Reformer and the Community Businesses (Teddy Bears)
Bossy Nagy Group – Delhi
Erie’s Edge Real Estate and Port Rowan Business and Community
Forsyth’s Plumbing and family
Andrew and Julia Hodgins and family
Dean and Rachel Schinkel and family
Erik and Crystal Van Groningen and Family
Wanda and Scott Salverda Foundation / Black and White Gala
92.9 The Grand – Gift of Christmas
Scotia Bank, Branch # 92452 – Simcoe
Grace and Kelsey Giles
Dave, Brittany, Reid and Harrison Cole
Knights of Columbus – St. Marys’ Church in Hagersville
Joe, Hilary and Benton O’Marra
Adam and Takach Families
TD Bank Simcoe and Community Customers
Brian and Barbara Rogers
John and June Penner
Warm Up Haldimand
Clark’s Pharmasave, Store #74
South Cayuga Community Church
Peggy, Dan, Sam, Rachel, Chris and Brenda
Colin and Karen MacIntyre
Canfield Women’s Institute
Garnet United Church
Guardian International Property Services Inc.
Procter & Gamble
Simcoe Real Estate Board
Many Anonymous donations