Volunteers provide a vital link between us and the communities we serve, which is fundamental when working to protect children and youth. Our volunteers play an important role by sharing their time and talents to enrich the lives of our children, youth and families.
You can contribute to a wide range of services, which include:
▪ driving children to appointments, supervised visits with their families and other scheduled meetings
▪ assisting with and attending special events hosted by the agency
▪ assisting with administrative tasks
▪ acting as a special friend, mentor and/or tutor for a child or youth
As a volunteer, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have truly improved the life of a child or youth. You will also receive:
▪ reimbursement for mileage incurred and out-of-pocket expenses
▪ orientation and training regarding the programs and services offered by the Society
▪ ongoing support in your volunteer role
▪ flexible hours and time commitment
▪ the opportunity to make new friends
For more information, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at (519) 587-5437 or 1-888-CAS-KIDS extension 298.
Board members are concerned community members, age 18 or over who live or work in the counties of Haldimand or Norfolk, and who support the Society mission, vision and values. The board, in conjunction with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, determines policy. The board selects its Local Director; initiates and/or approves programs and services; is responsible for funds, both statutory and private; and exercises the power and authority vested in it by the CFSA and Corporations Act.
Please call the Society for more information about joining the Board of Directors and contact the Executive Assistant at (519) 587-5437 or 1-888-227-5437, ext. 235.